Jul 2014Self-Employed, Consultant
Independent contract consulting for tech startups and other small-businesses.
Oct 2012Set.fm, Chief Technology Officer
Website development and design for a live music startup.
Jul 2010NBC News, Software Engineer
Mobile app development for breakingnews.com.
Sep 2008Kickstarter.com, Software Engineer
Development, design, and strategy for a Rails-based crowd-funding startup.
Oct 2007Chimera Energy, Quantitative Analyst
Development of market model and strategic analysis for private hedge fund. Provided market guidance, system development for traders.
Apr 2007Trinity University, MAS Research Group, Research Assistant
Facilitated communications among project leaders, researchers in multi-disciplinary project for social simulation. Performed research, software development.
Sep 2003Trinity University ITS, Residential Computer Consultant
Assisted students with their computers. Filled the most work orders for the 2003-2004 school year.
Jul 1999Holy Mac!, Publisher
Built a daily news, reviews, and opinions web site to serve the interests of Mac aficionados. Broke several insider stories, garnering substantial advertising and press. Mentioned on Slashdot, CNET, MacWeek, MacCentral, and others.
Oct 2002Texas Children's Hospital, Database Assistant
Assisted in establishing a database to track biomedical changes in a double-blind study of Rett syndrome. In charge of database maintenance, metrics, and statistics. Reported to study coordinator.
Jun 1999U.S. Farm Ranch Media Company, Developer/Designer
Evaluated and extended the content management system for Cowboys & Indians online magazine. Improved web presence, user interaction, site design, navigation, and usability. Helped plan, build, and test content work flows.
Sep 2003Trinity University, San Antonio, Graduate
B.S. Honors in Computer Science & Business Administration
Sep 1999Lamar High School, Houston, Graduate
IB Diploma recipient.
- Full-stack development with Ruby on Rails
- Agile and sustainable development processes
- Mobile development for Android and iOS
- Languages: C, C++, Objective-C, Ruby, GoLang, Java, Python, Scala, Crystal, and others
- Platform development for macOS, Linux, embedded systems
- Proficiency with distributed processing, and simulation techniques
- OpenGL graphic/game development with multiple frameworks
- GIS development with PostGIS
- Extensive experience with SIP, WebRTC, and other VoIP protocols
Available upon request.